are analysis tools that you can use within KBase. Some of the apps were written by KBase scientists and developers; others are third-party tools that were integrated into KBase with our Software Developer Kit (SDK)
. The number of apps available in KBase will increase rapidly as members of the community use our SDK to integrate their analysis tools into the KBase platform.
The KBase App Catalog lists all of the currently available apps. The majority of them fall into the following categories:
- Each app links to a reference page (which includes technical details about the inputs and outputs) called an App Details Page, and (when available) to a tutorial that walks step by step through an example.
- To run apps, you will need to sign in to the Narrative Interface.
- You can also access the App Catalog from inside the Narrative Interface by clicking the small arrow in the upper right corner of the Apps panel.
- You can click the star at the lower left of any app to add it to your “favorites.” The blue star will turn yellow to indicate that you have favorited the app. The number to the right of the star shows how many people have favorited that app.
- Try the options in the “Organize by” menu to sort the apps by My Favorites, Run Count, Category, and more.
Sign up for an account
You will need a KBase user account to use our tools.
Some old (legacy) apps were recently replaced with new equivalents–please see the App Replacement page
for more information.